If you are aged 16-18 and meet the below criteria, you may qualify for a student reduced fare card. This card enables you to travel on First buses or First Great Western trains at under 16 prices.
- Attending full time further education and able to make the journey by bus or train.
- Resident in Slough.
- Parents receive one of:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
How to apply
Slough Borough Council website provides details on how to apply and the application form.
For further information relating to Slough's post 16 travel policy, please contact the Home to School Transport Team on 01753 875729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.