Raising a family is perhaps one of the most rewarding and enjoyable experiences but there is no doubt that parenting can sometimes become a little challenging, especially when experiencing other challenges such as unemployment, mental health etc. We could all do with a little extra help and support sometimes..
Slough Borough Council is committed to supporting our community’s parents and families with a prime focus on promoting their capabilities and self-efficacy, and help them build their confidence and capacity to do the very best in raising their children - the next generation!
Our parenting offer provides both group based and one to one services for families with children 0-19 (up to 25 SEND). Our team and service partners are trained and experienced in a variety of programmes and interventions to help you. For more information on parenting in Slough, you can read Slough Borough Council's Multi-agency Strategy.
For more information about our parenting services and what is currently on offer, click on the links below or contact Family information service on 01753 476589.
- Slough Parenting Offer - for services for Parents/Carer and Practitioners
- List of useful contacts and online resources for parents/carers
If you live in the Frimley area which covers Ascot, Bracknell, Farnham, Maidenhead, North East Hampshire, Slough, Windsor or in Surrey or South Bucks you can have free access to Solihull Approach online parenting guides which include top tips from childcare, education and NHS health experts.
For practitioners wanting to refer parents/carers to Early Intervention or Targeted Services, please use this referral form.
Every Sleep Counts, available in the 'Downloads' section provided information and guidance on the safest place for babies to sleep.
COVID-19 - Supporting children and young people with worries
This is a time of uncertainty and a lot of children and young people will be feeling anxious and worried about what is going on. This is a normal response to the situation and Emerging Minds offer some advice about what adults can do to help and support children and young people. Further information is available on Covid-19 Advice for parents, carers and people that work with children and young people
#Coping - Family life during the lockdown provides advice to support family life during the COVID-19 pandemic.
STAR Academies Trust has launched a new national helpline for parents called StarLine. The service will be a free telephone helpline offering parents and carers personalised advice and support from a team of qualified teachers, education and parenting experts.
- GEMS offer support not just for those who are diagnosed, but for those who may have autism and/or ADHD and for the family. GEMS provid a variety of courses that will help develop your knowledge of autism and/or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Parenting Special Children offer a wide range of courses and workshops, online, for families of children and young people with special needs for parent/carers both pre- and post-assessment.
- Autism Berkshire offer two free autism advice courses for parents and carers who live in Slough - EarlyBird Plus and Teen Life, which were developed by the National Autistic Society (NAS).