Background and principles
The SEND Panel was set up as part of a new SEND system supporting the implementation of the SEND reforms in 2014 to support joint working and decision making.
Principles and approaches:
- To work together for positive outcomes for children and young people
- Aspirational and person centred
- Empowers children and families/young people, promote equalities and supports preparing for adulthood
- Evidence based, proportionate and value for money
- To ensure safeguarding measures are in place
These Terms of Reference, available in the Downloads section, are designed to be realistic, practical and to provide the right balance between improving the outcomes for children, young people and families living in Slough and the need for the Local Authority to carry out their duties, using robust decision making and accountability procedures.