Skip to main content

Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available

Education settings and support services

A child or young person who has a special educational need or disability (SEND) may need some extra help to get the best out of their education and learning. A child or young person with SEND can usually be supported from the resources which early year’s settings, schools and colleges have available to them (SEN Support). However some children or young people with very severe and long term needs may require an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) issued by the Local Authority (previously known as a Statement of Special Educational Needs).