Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available
Children's Art Week - 29 June to 19 July
29 June – 19 July 2020
Children’s Art Week is a UK-wide programme run by Engage, the National Association for Gallery Education.
In 2020, Children’s Art Week will take place online, at home and in schools across three weeks in June and July. Each week will focus on a special theme.
Our 2020 themes are…
- Week 1 (from 29 June): The Natural World
- Week 2 (from 6 July): Connecting across generations
- Week 3 (from 13 July): Literacy and creative writing
- Schools, galleries, museums and community groups are invited to plan and register visual arts activities for children and families. These activities will give children and young people, together with their teachers, parents and carers, the opportunity to take part in practical art activities with artists, makers and educators.
- Over the past months, the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted how essential creativity and the visual arts are for learning, connecting and wellbeing. While our venues, cultural organisations and some school buildings may be closed, engaging in the visual arts is more important than ever.
- Children’s Art Week is run by Engage, the National Association for Gallery Education and supported in 2020 by Arts Council England, Creative Scotland and Arts Council of Wales and The D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust.
Download a free resource pack on https://www.twinkl.co.uk/event/children-s-art-week-2020
Who to contact
- Children's Art Week
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 29 June to 19 July
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations