Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available
Down's Syndrome Association
The Down’s Syndrome Association (DSA) is the only charity in the UK dealing with all aspects of Down’s syndrome. Its aim is to help people with Down’s syndrome live full and rewarding lives.
What we do
Our organisation is divided into various teams, including:
- Training & Information – delivers helpline support services; provide information about all aspects of living with Down’s syndrome including specialist advisers on benefits, education, health and social care; advise new parents or anyone with questions; promote and facilitate information exchange between members through various groups; provide support on our Facebook groups; develop and deliver training throughout the UK for members, professionals and carers.
They also run our Having A Voice project, giving people with Down’s syndrome a platform to have their say and be heard.
- WorkFit – Our employment programmme which brings together employers and jobseekers who have Down’s syndrome. It is a tailored service dedicated to training employers about the learning profile of people who have Down’s syndrome so that they can be supported in the workplace. We focus on finding the right employment opportunities for people who have Down’s syndrome and ensuring that they have the support they need to be successful in the workplace.
- DSActive – Providing as many opportunities as possible for people with Down’s syndrome to lead active and healthy lives.
- Membership – The more members we have, the stronger our voice when campaigning. Our Membership team is responsible for all administration surrounding new members, existing members and affiliated groups.
- Fundraising – responsible for raising money for the association through events, sponsorship and trusts
- Communications – give key messages to the media, public and professionals; influence policy making; responsible for external publications
Who to contact
Where to go
- Down's Syndrome Associaton
The Langdon Down Centre
2a Langdon Park
- TW11 9PS
- Other notes
For people with Down's syndrome, their parents and carers
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations