Skip to main content

Report Anti Social Behaviour

What you can do

You can report anti-social behaviour using the online form.

All emails received on the anti-social behaviour hotline are logged and details used to identify areas where problems are occurring, so that long-term solutions can be found.

Please note, we do not have resources to be able to attend incidents. Should you need attendance, please contact Thames Valley Police on 101.

Serious incidents of anti-social behaviour - where you fear for your own or another's safety - and crime should be reported to Thames Valley Police on 101. In an emergency dial 999.

What we can do

Criminal Behaviour Orders

These are issued by the courts after conviction, the order will ban an individual from certain activities or places and require them to address their behaviour for example attending drug treatment programmes - a combination of prohibitions and positive activities, designed to be preventative and not punitive. A breach would see an individual face a maximum five year prison term.

Community Protection Notices

One order for local authorities to stop persistent environmental ASB like graffiti, neighbour noise or dog fouling; and for police, social landlords and local authorities to deal with more serious disorder and criminality in a specific place such as closing a property used for drug dealing. Designated powers will need to be given to police and social landlords to issue the notices.

Police Dispersal Power

A police power to direct any individual causing or likely to cause ASB, crime and disorder away from a particular place and to confiscate related items. A person can be removed from an area for up to 48hrs, if authorized by a Police Inspector or above. PCSO’s will be given designated power to use the directions power. 

Public spaces protection orders (PSPOs) 

These are intended to deal with a particular nuisance or problem in a particular area that is detrimental to the local community’s quality of life, by imposing conditions on the use of that area which apply to everyone. They are designed to ensure the law-abiding majority can enjoy public spaces, safe from ASB. This will replace the DPPO, Gating Order and dog control orders. PCSO’s will be able to confiscate and dispose of alcohol.

Closure Powers

This power is a fast, flexible power that can be used to protect victims and communities by quickly closing premises that are causing nuisance or disorder. Both local authority and police can use this power to close residential or business premises. The notice is for a 48hr period, and the closure is for a period up to 6 months.

Civil injunctions

These came into force in January 2015. This is a purely civil injunction available in the county court for adults and the youth court for 10 to 17 year olds. Designed to nip bad behaviour in the bud before it escalates. The injunction would carry a civil burden of proof, making it quicker and easier to obtain than previous tools. For adults, breach of the injunction could see you imprisoned or fined. For under-18’s, a breach could be dealt with through curfews, supervision or detention.

ABCs (Acceptable Behaviour Contracts)

These can be issued to a person who has committed anti-social behaviour. The contracts are signed in the presence of a police officer and member of staff from Slough Borough Council. The conditions of the contract vary depending on the individual and the circumstances but require the person whom signs not to behave in a way that causes harassment, alarm or distress to others. Individuals cannot be arrested for breaching these contracts, but the contracts can be used as evidence for Anti-Social Behaviour Orders (ASBOs).

PCAs (Parental Control Agreements)

When children under the age of 17 have committed anti-social behaviour their parents can be asked to sign a contract to agree to control their child's behaviour. These are signed in the presence of a police officer and a member of Slough Borough Council, together with an ABC.


Please note Slough Borough Council will not get involved with civil matters. If appropriate we can use independent trained mediators to help resolve a problem such as a neighbour dispute.

Who to contact

Slough Borough Council


This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations