Skip to main content

Family Rights Group

Service has Local Offer

Family Rights Group work with parents in England and Wales whose children are in need, at risk or are in the care system and with members of the wider family who are raising children unable to remain at home.

We advise parents, grandparents, other relatives and friends about their rights and options when social workers or courts make decisions about their children's welfare.

We campaign for families to have their voice heard, be treated fairly and get help early to prevent problems escalating. We champion policies and practices that keep children safe within their family and strength the family and community support networks of children in the care system.

FreephoneTelephone Advice Line

If you are a parent, family member or friend of a child who has social workers involved in your child’s life, or if you need extra support from Children’s Services, and would like to speak to an adviser, please call our free and confidential helpline. Calls may be monitored for training and quality purposes. Textphone: Please dial 18001 and then the freephone number. 

0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm)

Online Discussion Boards

For online advice from our advisers, or to get support and discuss issues with other people who are or have been in a similar position to you, please go to our discussion boards.

Our interactive, accessible website helps families navigate complex law and child welfare procedures. It includes a wealth of information including films and detailed legal advice sheets for parents and family and friends carers.

Who to contact

0808 801 0366
Family Rights Group

Local Offer

Last Updated


This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations