Service has Local Offer
We are the only UK wide charity operating solely for the growing numbers of people at risk from severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis.
2019 is a big year for us as we celebrate 25 years of supporting people at risk of severe allergies. We would like to thank all our supporters for helping us to raise awareness of allergies and their hard work with fundraising, allowing us to continue our campaigns for a safer environment for all people with allergies.
Anaphylaxis is a severe and potentially fatal allergic reaction. It seriously impedes the lives of those at risk. There is no treatment or cure for anaphylaxis – people at risk have two options: manage their condition and carry adrenaline.
The Anaphylaxis Campaign is the only UK wide charity focused on supporting those at risk of severe allergies. We have been providing information and support to patients and their families for over 25 years.
Our ultimate aim is to create a safe environment for all people with allergies by working with and educating the food industry, schools, pre-schools, colleges, health professionals and other key audiences. Our focus is on medical facts, food labelling, risk reduction and allergen management.
We empower patients, carers and healthcare professionals through our AllergyWise online training. We have a UK-wide network of volunteer-led peer support groups for people whose lives are affected by the risk of an acute allergic reaction. Our aim is to help people with severe allergy to be more confidently in control of their lives.
We actively campaign to raise awareness of anaphylaxis with the general public and with the relevant authorities for better allergy care and treatments.
The Campaign provides tailored services for individual and clinical professional members and also has a corporate membership programme.
What we do
- Providing a Helpline and information services, providing advice by telephone, e-mail, Factsheets, film and online channels
- Running local support group meetings and regional medical meetings
- Food safety developments working with caterers, manufacturers and retailers to raise awareness and protect people from harmful allergens.
- Education – in addition to work with individuals, the Campaign works to educate schools, nurseries, colleges, universities and youth groups in allergy management. We provide online training programmes for families, individuals and carers and for healthcare professionals such as school nurses, first aid trainers, GPs and Practice Nurses.
- Campaigning to improve allergy services within the NHS.
Who to contact
Where to go
- 1 Alexandra Road
- GU14 6BU
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations