Skip to main content

Citizen's Advice Bureau

There are lots of ways to contact us if you can’t find the advice you need on this website.

  • Find your nearest Citizens Advice on Enter your postcode or town to get contact details for your nearest Citizens Advice. Most local Citizens Advice can only help you if you live or work in their area.
  • Call our national phone line. You can contact an adviser through our national phone service, Adviceline: 03444 111 444, Text relay: 03444 111 445. Adviceline’s available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. It’s usually busiest at the beginning and end of the day. It's not available on public holidays. If you call from a mobile, we’ll ask you to enter a local landline number on your keypad. This can be any number - we only use it to send your call to a local adviser if one’s available. There are a few parts of England we don’t cover yet. If you’re in one of these areas, we’ll give you other options when you call. We’ll answer as soon as we can - at busy times you might need to wait up to an hour. If the wait is long, we’ll tell you about other ways to get advice. You can also try calling again later. Calls to Adviceline cost the same as calls to landline numbers. See more about our call charges.
  • Talk to us online - Chat - lets you talk to a trained adviser online. You can: talk to us about a debt problem - we can usually help between 8am and 7pm, Monday to Friday, talk to us about any other kind of problem - we can usually help between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday
  • Get help if you’re applying for Universal Credit - You can contact our Help to Claim service for help with the claiming process - from making an application to getting your first payment.
  • Get help with a consumer issue - You can contact our consumer service if you have a consumer issue like broken or faulty goods, or problems with energy, water or post. The consumer service can advise you and pass complaints to Trading Standards.

Who to contact

Adviceline: 03444 111 444
Text relay: 03444 111 445
Citizens Advice


This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations