What is HITZ?
HITZ is Premiership Rugby’s flagship education and employability programme, working with over 2,000 14- to 18-year-olds across England every year.
Funded by partners Land Rover and Wooden Spoon, HITZ uses rugby’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to get young people not in education, training or employment (NEET) back into education, training, apprenticeships and/or employment, and is delivered nationally by Premiership Rugby’s 13 shareholder clubs.
Aims of HITZ
- Use rugby’s core values to develop the personal skills, life skills and employability skills of young people not in education, training or employment (NEET)
- Help NEET audiences back into training, education and employment
- Provide an alternative environment for young people to earn vital Maths and English qualifications through the HITZ Learning Academy
- Offer valuable work experience opportunities and employer-led training sessions
- Deliver essential enrichment and sporting activities to develop individuals and their mental / physical well being
Who to contact
- Link to information on HITZ
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations