Speech and Language Drop In - Yew Tree Road Children's Centre
An opportunity to meet with a Speech and Language Therapist if you have any concerns regarding your child's speech and communication development. Available for any family with a child between birth and pre-school age living in Slough.
Drop-in therapy sessions for early communication skills
For children from birth to the end of nursery
We can help if your child has difficulties:
- Understanding words, sentences and instructions.
- Using words and sentences, pronouncing words.
- Talking - stammering, a husky/hoarse voice.
- Social skills and play.
Your visit will include:
- Talking about your concerns with a speech and language therapist.
- A brief assessment of your child’s speech and language skills. A Speech and Language Therapist will do this by watching and joining in with your child in a play situation.
- An opportunity to give you advice on how to encourage your child to talk.
What happens next:
- You may be given advice or specific activities to try and asked to come back to us if you have further concerns.
- Your child may be offered another assessment.
- It may be jointly agreed that your child will need further support from the service and an appropriate appointment will be arranged.
CYPIT Triage Advice Line - For advice on speech, language and communication skill development and how to help, contact us on: 0300 365 1234. Available Monday 9am to1pm, Wednesday 12.30pm to 4.30pm and Friday 9am to 1pm.
Who to contact
- Speech and Language Team and Yew Tree Road Children's Centre
Where to go
- Yew Tree Road Children's Centre
- SL1 2AR
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Every Wednesday, 9.00 to 11.30am
- Session Information
Drop in session
no need to book.
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations