Pre-School Stars (Earls Lane)
This setting offers a safe, friendly, caring environment for chidlren from 2-5years. They offer a variety of activities to stimulate and enhance your child's development and potential. Various sessional times offered to support working parents. Pre school Stars offers 30hours funding places.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Mus Parveen
- Contact position
- Early Years Professional
- 01628 667933 01628 667933 07855889726 07855889726
- Preschoolstars@hotmail.com / email@example.com
For any information please contact Mus or Lauran on the the above numbers or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to go
- Cippenham Community Centre
SL1 5DJFind SL1 5DJ on a map
- Session information
Monday 09:00 - 14:45
Tuesday 09:00 - 14:45
Wednesday 09:00 - 14:45
Thursday 09:00 - 14:45
Friday 09:00 - 14:45
- £7.00 per hour basic
- £6.00 per hour basic
2 siblings attending deposit waived for one child. £7.00ph for 2 year old's and £6.00ph for 3 & 4 year old's. Funding is available for 3 & 4 year olds. Funded 2 year old children taken on term after their 2nd birthday.
- Wheelchair access
- Ramps and wide doors
- Special Needs provision
- Special Needs experience
- We work with other professionals to help support children and their families with special needs. If required staff will attend appropriate training.
- Provision for special dietary needs
- Only snacks are available but a record is kept of any dietary needs. Any special dietary requirements are discussed with parents on first initial visit.
- Special cultural provisions
- This setting is committed to valuing diversity by providing equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children and families.
- Has immediate vacancies
- Vacancies available in September
- 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
Visit & Outings
Arts & Crafts
Both indoor and outdoor activities
Does not offer school pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 01/11/2005 Integrated Good 29/06/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 08/06/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 25/04/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 30/11/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Local Offer age bands
- Early Years (0-4 years)
Schools extended Local Offer response
- How does the setting/school/college know if children/young people need extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?
Aims and Objectives
- We aim to provide a welcoming environment and appropriate learning opportunities for all children, thus encouraging and promoting inclusion with in our setting.
- We believe all children are owed the opportunity to develop to their full potential and should be expected to reach high standards of achievement.
- We ensure our setting is inclusive to all children with Special Individual Needs.
- We support parents and children with Special Individual Needs(SIN)
- We identify specific needs of children with SIN and meet those needs through a range of strategies.
- We monitor and review our policy, practice and provision and if necessary make adjustments.
- We have regard for the DfES Special Educational Needs Code of Practice (2001)
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
Identification, Assessments and provision for children with SEN
A child’s parents will be asked prior to the child’s admission to give details of any special educational needs and these will be passed to the SENCO and action will be taken appropriate.
Every effort will then be made, with consent from the parents, to obtain any relevant information and support from outside professionals involved.
If a child is identified during their time at the Pre-school as possibly as having special educational needs, parents will be immediately consulted and an agreed plan of action will result in accordance with the SEN code of practice.
Confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?
- With the support of the Pre-school’s manager, monitors and takes responsibility for the day to day operation of provision made in accordance with the needs and progress that have Individual Needs.
- Systems of observation ad record- keeping, which operates in conjunction with parents, enable us to monitor children’s needs and progress on an individual basis.
- Children identified as having Additional needs will have an individual educational plan (IEP) which will be written in conjunction with the parents and will address 3 or 4 short targets for development.
I .E. P.’s will be reviewed and updated regularly (at least 6 times a year) again in conjunction with the parents.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
During the first initial visit, manager and parents will discuss how best to meet the need of CYP with SEN.
- How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?
- Our members of staff regularly attend courses on special needs arranged by the appropriate professional bodies and keep themselves updated on SIN issues through relevant reading.
- Our setting is involved in ‘I Talk’ project which encourages and supports early language and communication skills for children.
- How accessible is the setting/school/college enviroment?
Meetings are arranged with teachers from other schools to help support smooth transitions for children. Teachers from new schools visit our settings to introduce themselves to the children who will be eventually attending their schools. Reports are forwarded to new schools showing stage the children are at in their development.
Last updated - .
This information has been collected from third party providers. Slough Information and Services Guide and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommend that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service), OFSTED and CQC registrations.