Pathways to LGBT + Inclusion
Working with senior leadership teams and staff to embed LGBT+ inclusion into their school’s policies, practices, curriculum and culture. This fully funded project has been designed by education experts and teachers to support schools in starting their journey towards being LGBT+ inclusive.
- Primary or secondary school.
- Desire to create an LGBT+ inclusive school environment.
- Needs support to develop/update policies and monitoring procedures to tackle and prevent homophobic, biphobic and transphobic (HBT) bullying.
- 6+ hours of support.
- Comprehensive review and needs assessment.
- Bespoke staff training.
- Policy review.
- Monitoring and preventing prejudice based bullying incidents.
- Tailored action plans.
- Interactive webinars on a range of topics to embed a whole school approach to LGBT+ inclusion.
We support senior leadership teams to
- Create a culture where students and staff are supported to be themselves and thrive.
- Build staff confidence in preventing bullying, celebrating difference and creating an inclusive school.
- Develop LGBT+ inclusive curriculum.
- Demonstrate excellence in personal development, behaviour and welfare for Ofsted.
- Meet statutory obligations under the Equality Act 2010, Fundamental British Values and SMSC.
- Prepare staff for changes to RSE and the Ofsted framework.
Diversity Role Models are a charity with 7+ years of experience working with students, staff, governors and parents to create an education system in which every young person will know that they are valued and supported, whoever they are. We’ve delivered workshops to 91,000+ young people and trained 4,500+ staff and governors.
Register your school’s interest in the project by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Pathways to LGBT+ Inclusion’. A member of the team will be in touch with more details.
Who to contact
- 020 3795 9201
- Diversity Role Models
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations