Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available
Slough Young People's Service
Young Peoples Service provides youth work interventions and support to young people via one to one and group work activities from 11-19 and up to 25 years of age if they are Children Leaving Care CLA and Special Education Needs and Disability SEND.
Our services includes :
- Jobs , opportunities, information, advice and guidance to help young people transition into Education, Employment and Training
- Under the Youth Voice umbrella we have the youth parliament, young inspectors and LGBTQ group
- Targeted support provided to young people who are vulnerable and have a variety of needs and could benefit from Early Help (this is part of Slough’s Early Help offer)
- Targeted support for victims and those at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation through our Engage Team
- Coordination of young carers work across Slough
- Support for young people in schools who have been identified as risk of NEET - RONI programme provides 12 weeks support via group work and one to one sessions for young people who are at risk of becoming NEET ( Not in Education ,employment and training )
- Detached street work engaging with young people on the streets and in community settings – this work currently has a particular focus on ASB, Gangs and work with hard to reach communities.
- PHSE- Personal Health and Sexual Education
- The Young People’s Service commission Youth Engagement Slough (YES) to provide locally based youth provision across Slough. https://yesslough.wordpress.com/
Commissioning statement between Young People Service and SEND Team: The Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) agenda
Young People’s Services (YPS) are currently in the process of working collaboratively with the SEND team to ensure that every SEND pupil in Years 9, 11 and 12/13 receive impartial information, advice and guidance at every point of transition. This will be achieved through the Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) agenda which allows young people to access specialist support and guidance to help them prepare them for employment, independent living (including housing) and participation in society and should provide access to careers advice where needed.
YPS will be delivering this service to all young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in Years 11 and 13 in 2018-19.
This service will then be rolled out to Years 9, 11 and 12/13 in 2019-20.
To contact the Young People's Service call us on 01753 875510 or email us at email@example.com
Who to contact
Where to go
- Slough Borough Council
25 Windsor Road
- SL1 2EL
- If you are aged between 11 and 19 years (up to 25 with SEN) and need support, please contact either 01753 875510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referral Details
Targeted Intervention, Prevention.
- Age Range
- 11 years, 0 months to 19 years, 0 months
- The service works with young people who live in Slough and are aged 11-19 years old (up to 25 with SEN)
- Level of Need:
- Information, advice and guidance
- Getting specialist help
- Getting targeted help
- Service Funded By:
- Slough Borough Council
- Local Offer Age Bands
Secondary (11-16 years)
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
- Last Updated
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations