Slough Borough Council - Strengthening Families
What is the Slough Strengthening Families Programme about?
Adopting the key themes and principles from the Government's Troubled Families Programme, Slough's Strengthening Families Programme, located within our Early Help Hub, consists of targeted early intervention for families with multiple problems including crime, anti-social behaviour, mental health, domestic abuse and unemployment.
We understand family life can be a challenge for parents and when faced with multiple problems, it can be hard to know where to turn. Our Strengthening Families Programme can help.
What we do?
- We work with children to improve school attendance and behaviour
- Help to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- Help adults and young people get into work or training
- Help to improve family life, making sure children are safe and well
- Offer support for victims of domestic violence/abuse
- Promote good health
- Address the harm caused by drugs and alcohol
- Help manage issues around mental health, emotional, physical concerns
Who is the programme for?
The programme is for families who are going through two or more of the following issues:
- Adults being out of work and finding it hard to get work
- Children not attending school regularly, behavioural problems or repeated exclusions
- Families with issues around their behaviour which has meant police involvement
- Children who are vulnerable and need help
- Families affected by domestic violence
- Parents or children with problems around mental health, drugs/alcohol or other health concerns
What the programme can do
We can provide practical, one - to - one support to help you to:
- Get your children attending school regularly
- Access free childcare or nursery places
- Set good routines and boundaries for your children
- Deal with difficult behaviour
- Get training and CV help so you're ready to find a job
- Resolve housing issues relating to arrears and debt management
- Get you and your children involved in healthy, positive activities
- Have good family relationships
- Overcome issues around substance misuse
- Be free from domestic abuse and violence
How does this work?
Families we work with will get support to help overcome difficulties and make positive changes. For example we have 10 children's centres across Slough to support parents, our family support workers in Early Help Hub can work directly with parents and children on a whole range of matters of concern to the family.
We will work with you to solve problems and make sure you get the right help, from the right people, at the right time, so you can achieve the goals you set for yourself and your family.
Who to contact
- 01753 875010
Where to go
- Observatory House
- SL1 2EJ
- Referral Details
Targeted intervention, Prevention
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations