Parenting Special Children - The ADHD Service
The ADHD Service offers a series of workshops and support groups for all parent/carers who have children or young people of any age who are pre- and post- assessment for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
For parents/carers waiting to get an assessment, or having just recently had a diagnosis of ADHD, we advise starting with the Pre- and Post-Assessment Workshops, and if it’s pertinent, our Sensory Processing Workshop.
The Time Out for ADHD Course is a more intensive course over 5 weeks, which covers a number of different elements of supporting children with ADHD in more depth.
Finally, our Monthly Workshop and Support Group are an opportunity to talk to other parents/carers and share experiences, as well as getting advice from our experienced practitioners on a different topic each month.
We can also offer parents/carers access to a 1:1 Sleep Workshop, if their children have sleep difficulties.
We also run twilight Workshops for Practitioners looking at a variety of topics relating to working with children and young people who have or are suspected of having Autism.
Information on courses is available here.
Who's it for?
- Families living in Berkshire, or whose child attends a Berkshire School
- Families awaiting an assessment for ADHD
- Families who have recently received a diagnosis, and want to learn more about parenting a child with ADHD
- Parents in need of ongoing support, and wanting to talk with other parents in a similar situation
- Practitioners wanting to increase their skills of working with children and young people who have ADHD
Who to contact
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations