Slough Employ-Ability - help to look for work
Service has Local Offer
Slough Employ-Ability is a specialist employment service that supports people with disabilities enter into meaningful part time or full time employment.
Our aim is to help people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health needs into paid work or work placements/experience that can be seen as a step towards paid work.
The referral process is through the social worker/care co-ordinator and is open to those people who are over 18, eligible for adult social care and live in Slough.
Once accepted into the service you can expect help in the following areas:
- CV writing
- job seeking – including access to the internet and the local press
- interview skills
- help with application forms
- guidance on benefits
- confidence building
- interview training
- support at interviews
- job coaching – support to both employee and employer during the induction stages of employment
- monitor the placement to ensure a successful outcome
- facilitate support through Access to Work
- suggest appropriate training courses to help you develop your career.
Who to contact
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations