Parenting Special Children Pre- and Post-Assessment Workshops – ADHD
Service has Local Offer
In light of the latest advice from the UK government advising that everyone should avoid non-essential travel and contact with others to curb coronavirus, we will be cancelling all support groups, courses, workshops and clinics until the end of spring term with immediate effect.
A series of three linked pre- and post-assessment workshops for parent/carers of children and young people who are waiting for an assessment for ADHD, or who have recently been diagnosed with ADHD.
These workshops are open to all parents/carers who live in Berkshire or whose child attends a Berkshire school, who:
- Have a child who is on the waiting list to be assessed for ADHD or
- Have a child who has just been diagnosed as having ADHD and
- Have NOT previously attended a Time Out from ADHD course with Parenting Special Children (PSC)
Parents/carers must attend the Introduction to ADHD workshop first, and it is recommended that parents attend all workshops in the series.
Topics covered include:
Introduction to ADHD
- What is ADHD?
- Challenges & concerns
- Strengths and opportunities
- Signposting to support
Anxiety and ADHD
- What is anxiety?
- What is the relationship between ADHD and anxiety
- Coping strategies for children/young people and parents/carers
Managing ADHD Behaviours
- Attention Deficit Behaviours
- Hyperactive Behaviours
- Impulsive Behaviours
- Behaviour Management Strategies
We also run a Sensory Processing Workshop and a Dual Diagnosis Workshop which might be of interest.
Visit the website for details of upcoming courses.
Who to contact
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations