Fibromyalgia Association (FMA UK)
Service has Local Offer
Fibromyalgia Association UK (FMA UK) operates as a signpost to information and resource for people who are affected by fibromyalgia. From our initial beginnings we have seen the range of services and resources increase. What we can offer is closely tied to the level of donations we receive and other funding sources.
Below is a short list of some of the services or resources that we offer:
- National Helplines on fibromyalgia and benefits issues
- An online support forum that is available 24/7 with office bearers of the charity being available to help e.g. our benefits advisor helps with benefits queries and sends information regularly.
- UK wide system of support groups
- Only fibro charity that helps create and provides resources to support support groups at creation and through their operation
- Providing the insurance cover required for registered fibromyalgia support groups to operate
- Email support system where Regional Coordinators answer questions and refer people to local support
- Signposting to legal support
- Awareness event support including awareness items including posters, leaflets, tshirts and many more items with many being offered free or at cost
- Fundraising support
- Sending of free patient information packs from the office
- Sending medical professional booklets to medical professionals from the charity on behalf of patients.
- Trustees and RCs attending conferences, support groups, medical professional and governmental meetings.
- Supporting regional and national conferences
- We represent fibromyalgia sufferers at various levels and to various organisations. A recent example of this was our response to the Panorama programme.
- Organise and take part in European Activities through ENFA
- Provide medical information for sufferers and medical professionals through its Medical Advisory Board of experts. Our latest booklets include “Young People with Fibromyalgia” and our updated "The Fibromyalgic Pregnancy and Beyond" booklet.
- Update information in other organisation's publications e.g. ARC and BUPA
- Provide information and interviewees to media
- Provide participants for surveys and research projects
- FMA UK sets the date for the UK fibromyalgia awareness week and organises events with groups to raise awareness of our condition
- Organise events for International Awareness day on May 12th. Normally involves an event at Westmister and the the Fibromyalgia APPG.
Who to contact
Benefits helpline - 0300 999 0055 (10am - 12pm Mon and Fri)
National Helpline - 0300 999 3333 (10am - 4pm Mon - Fri)
- Fibromyalgia Association
Where to go
- Head Office
FMA UK Studio 3007
12 Seedhill Road
- PA1 1JS
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations