Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available
The National Careers Service - Career support over COVID-19
The National Careers Service offers you free, impartial advice and guidance to help make career decisions, achieve your goals and to develop the skills you need to find a job. To make decisions about your future, it’s important to know what’s out there and what’s right for you. Whatever stage you are at in your career, we can help you understand what your skills are and what skills you might need to adapt to new jobs, circumstances and opportunities. There are many options open to you when thinking about your next steps, and we provide information, advice and guidance to help you make the best decisions on learning, training and work.
We’ll help you to:
- explore different careers – our website has information on many different job roles with sections and covers how to get the job, what you’ll do, career paths, progression, and training opportunities
- review your skills and develop new goals
- feel motivated to implement your plan of action
- enable you to make the best use of high-quality, career-related tools.
Other support offered:
- Career management
- Find a course
- Funding your learning
- Job hunting during redundancy
- Career change
Further details available in the 'Downloads' section
How you can contact us
- Online message - Send us an online message to ask an adviser a question, report a technical issue or tell us what you think about our service: https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/contact-us/select-option
- Visit our website - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk
- Follow us on social media - www.linkedin.com/company/national-careers , www.facebook.com/NationalCareersService/
- Twitter @NationalCareers
- We have a careers adviser online every Wednesday between 6pm and 9pm to answer your questions live. You can join the conversation using #AskNationalCareers
- Webchat - You can talk to an adviser via webchat on our website between 8am and 10pm, 7 days a week.
- Phone - Give us a call on 0800 100 900. Lines are open from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week. Calls are free from landlines and most mobile numbers.
- Text - Text your name and the word ADVICE to 07766 413219 and an adviser will call you back for free. You can also text to ask for information like telephone numbers and addresses.
- Face-to-face advice - Call 0800 100 900 to find out if you’re eligible for a face‑to‑face appointment with an adviser.
Who to contact
- 0800 100 900
- National Careers Service
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations