Family Fund support for children with SEND - Covid - 19
Service has Local Offer
The government gave a press release (19th May ’20) announcing that they were giving £37.3 million of direct support in 2020 – 21 to the Family Fund for SEND children in England.
The support is partly in response to COVID 19 pandemic. Families can apply to the Family Fund for a grant, for items to support their SEND children such as:- washing machines, computers, educational toys and specialist equipment. On the website there is a list of items that can be applied for.
To apply for a grant you need to go to the Family Fund website and click on application. Fill in the form which asks for the child and adults details and the item requested.
The criteria for families to apply :-
- A permanent resident in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Have current legal residency in the UK and have lived in the UK for 6 months, be eligible to work and apply for funds.
- A parent or carer of a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 and under who lives at home.
- Eligible for , and can send evidence of one of the following tax credits or benefits – Universal credit, Child tax credit, working tax credit, Income based jobseekers allowance, Incapacity benefit, Employment support allowance, Housing benefit, Pension credit.
- Asking for a grant related to the needs of their child. Children or young person.
The link for the Family Fund is :- https://www.familyfund.org.uk/
The link for the government article is https://bit.ly/2ygnv39
Who to contact
- Family Fund
- 01904 550055
- Family Fund
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations