Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available
Virtual School Service - Education Support for Children and Young People Looked After (CLA)
The Virtual School provides :-
- Support and organise individual, group and online learning to pupils in their school.
- Early identification of educational difficulties of CLA (Children & Young People Looked After), early intervention and preventative work in schools. This includes identifying children who would benefit from an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and making sure Special Education and Disability needs are met.
- Additional study support to CLA taking SATs and GCSEs.
- Support to CLA and their carers in accessing school places.
- Tracking attendance and follow up support to social workers and schools.
- Initially set up and review Personal Education Plans (PEPs) for all CLA. The review will also
- incorporate the Education, Health and Care Plan, the annual review for the Virtual School and Post-16 pathway planning.
- Help and support with the ePEP system, our electronic system for recording PEPs.
- Awareness training for all schools and other stakeholders on issues which affect the education and achievement of CLA.
- Training and support to Designated Teachers for CLA, foster carers and residential key workers in carrying out their role effectively.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the educational performance of all CLA in Slough to assess need and inform development of policy and future provision.
- Policies, procedures and protocols between education and social services on the education of children and young people in care.
- Reports on the educational progress of CLA to schools, social workers, residential key workers, parents and carers generated via ePEP
- Visits to universities and organised activity days for groups of CLA.
Further information is available in the Downloads section.
Who to contact
- Anne Bunce
- Virtual School Head teacher
- 01753 875920
- Slough Children's Services Trust - Virtual Schools
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations