Skip to main content

Report suspected adult abuse - Slough Adult Social Care Services

Service has Local Offer

Every adult has the right to be treated with dignity, have their choices respected and live a life free from fear. Disability, illness or frailty means that many adults over the age of 18 have to rely on other people to help them in their day-to-day living. Sadly, it is because they have to depend on others that they become vulnerable and at risk of abuse, very often from people they know such as a relative, friend, neighbour or paid carer.

How can you help?

Abuse can take place in a person's own home, in a residential or nursing home or a day centre or hospital. Unfortunately those being abused are often the least likely to tell someone or seek help. If you see or know something of concern please do not ignore it.

We treat cases of suspected abuse very seriously and lots of organisations in Slough work closely together, using the same policies and procedures. Get in touch with us and we will do something about it. Safeguarding Adults is everybody’s business; if you see something, say something.

Contact Slough Adult Social Care Services:


  • In an emergency out of normal office hours call the Emergency Duty Team on 01344 786543 or
  • call the police on 999

Police (non emergency)

  • In a non emergency, or to speak to someone about a non urgent matter, call Thames Valley Police on 101 or 08458 505 505.

Who to contact

My Council (Option 1) Social Services
01753 475111 (option 1)
Slough Borough Council

Local Offer

Last Updated


This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations