PANS/PANDAS UK Charity
PANS (paediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome) and PANDAS (paediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome associated with strep) are devastating neuropsychiatric conditions that are currently poorly recognised, diagnosed and supported both medically and in schools.
One estimate suggests that up to 1 in 200 children suffer from this condition.
- Resources for parents including diagnostic criteria and details of local support groups.
- Resources for Medical professionals
- Resources for teachers and Schools
- Teacher training package
- Facebook group for parents/caregivers
- Facebook group for Young People age 12-17 with the condition.
- Facebook group for Adults
- Links to further Research
- Advocacy and support from the charity
Who to contact
- Vicky Burford
- Children aged 4 to 19 who are displaying symptoms associated with the condition and/or diagnosed with the conditions. Affected children can be in mainstream, alternative, specialist provision or electively home educated.
Where to go
All of Liverpool covered. We provide support via our Facebook group PANS PANDAS UK.
- Free at point of access, supported through the PANS/PANDAS UK Charity.
- Self-referral, Education provider (consent obtained), SEND Specialists and Educational Psychologists.
- Referral Details
Children aged 4 to 19 who are displaying symptoms associated with the condition and/or diagnosed with the conditions. Affected children can be in mainstream, alternative, specialist provision or electively home educated.
- Other notes
- Age Range
- 4 years, 0 months to 19 years, 0 months
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations