Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available
SOS!SEN is a national charity aiming to empower parents and carers of children with SEN to tackle successfully themselves the difficulties they face when battling for their children’s rights.
We concentrate on helping people to find their way through the legal and bureaucratic maze that is so daunting to so many.
To empower parents and carers we provide a free and friendly service including:
- a telephone Helpline 5 days per week during term time
- monthly drop in advice centres in some areas during term time
- information sheets on many topics
We also offer small ‘hands-on’ one-day Workshops on such topics as:
- Appeals Against Contents of EHCP
- Writing Working Documents
- Contents of EHC Plans
- 16+ and 18+ Transfers
- Annual Reviews
- Enforcing SEN Provision
See our Workshops page for the programme of topics
These can be supplemented with 1:1 sessions. Under very exceptional circumstances we may take over a case and act as a representative.
Who to contact
Where to go
11a, Creek Road
- KT8 9BE
By train: Hampton Court is in Zone 6 and you can use Oyster Pay as You Go on trains to Hampton Court.
· 35 minutes from London Waterloo.
· You could also get a train to Kingston and then a bus from there.
· The service is run by South West Trains. Information on planned engineering works is on their website Southwest Trains or plan your journey using the TFL journey planner.
There is no tube station near Hampton Court. The nearest are Wimbledon (from where you can catch the train) or Richmond (then the R68 bus). Both are on the District Line. London Overground services also run to Richmond station.
Bus routes from Kingston: 111*, 216*, 411*, 461, 513. From Richmond: R68* *These services accept Oyster cards, LT cards, bus passes, Travelcards, Freedom Passes and Saver Tickets. For further information about bus routes please go to the Transport for London website. Buses pull up outside the train station, and the SOS!SEN office is opposite the train station on the other side of the road (grey door).
· From the M25 take either exit 10 on to the A307 or exit 12 on to the A308.
· From the A3 follow the A309 towards Hampton Court.
Unfortunately there are no direct facilities for parking at our office and we advise that you leave extra time for parking in a car park (www.parkopedia.co.uk) or in a side street. Hampton Court Palace has 204 car parking spaces (daily rate applies).
- Our helpline and advice centres in Manchester, Aldershot, Thornton Heath, Hampton Court and Waterloo are free.
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations