Due to the COVID-19 situation, please contact service providers directly to confirm if the service is still available
St. John Ambulance Badger and Cadet Division
Badgers - Anyone aged 7-10 can join a Badger Sett, these are after-school clubs which operate across England. Badgers usually meet once a week for around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Badgers take part in fun activities for different subjects, earning badges and certificates for each one. For every three subjects a Badger completes, they can receive a bronze, silver, or gold award.
- • learn first aid
- • make new friends
- • get creative with arts and crafts
- • find out how the body works and how to stay healthy
- • learn about helping their local community
- • take part in team games
- • develop leadership and communication skills, and much more!
Are you interested in joining Badgers? Contact our regional offices to find your nearest unit today.
Cadets - As a Cadet, you'll have an exciting journey ahead of you. You'll get to meet new people, learn new skills, and build your confidence.
Young people aged 10-17 can join one of our Cadet units, which operate across England. Units meet once a week.
Life saving skills are at the heart of our Cadet programme. There is also the opportunity to use these first aid skills by supporting our adult volunteers at events.
Some Cadets work towards their Grand Prior's Award. As part of the Award, you'll be able to take part in a wide range of activities.
What you'll get up to as a Cadet
Many Cadets join St John Ambulance to gain relevant experience before pursuing a career as a paramedic or health care professional. With so many different activities to get involved with, there is something for everyone.
Some of these include:
- • learning first aid and volunteering at events
- • engaging in social action and helping your local community
- • learning about health and wellbeing
- • developing your confidence and communication skills through our Cadet leadership courses
- • becoming a Peer Educator and helping to teach others first aid
- • enjoying a wide range of adventurous activities on a residential summer camp.
Join a Cadet unit
Are you interested in joining Cadets? Contact our regional offices to find your nearest unit today.
Who to contact
- St. John Ambulance
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations