The Gateway Programme
Service has Local Offer
At The Gateway we offer alternative education for vulnerable learners who are leaving or have left statutory education at 16 but are unable to progress into employment, further education or training. They may have ‘fallen off' a post 16 programme they have started elsewhere because they don't have the skills to maintain their place.
They may have complex problems that contribute to them not being ready to take the next step.
The diversity of learner needs will be signiﬁcant and The Gateway offers individual programmes that seek to address many of these through personalised learning
programmes to suit each learners needs.
Learners will engage in individual learning packages to suit their need
• Learning packages may include gaining literacy and numeracy and/or vocational qualiﬁcations.
• Staff will support learners to develop self-conﬁdence, self-esteem, social skills
• Staff will encourage an understanding of the expectations of the work place or college.
• Staff will work with each learner from the start to develop a ‘moving on' plan so that when they leave they can secure a place in further education, employment
or training and maintain it successfully.
Who to contact
- 01753 535 878
- firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Haybrook College
Where to go
323, High Street
- SL1 1TX
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations