Slough SEND Local Offer
Welcome to Slough SEND Local Offer
Slough Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer website provides information for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families.
It gives information and advice about education, health, social care and other services that are available in Slough, neighbouring areas and nationally.
The Local Offer:
- has been developed with parents, carers, children, young people and other services such as schools, health and local agencies
- will continue to grow and develop over time to include changes to services or new services.
If you do not have access to internet, the Local Offer information can be found in a number of other ways.
- call Slough Family Information Service on 01753 476589 and we can post/email information
- access the Local Offer online at your local library.
Information on the Local Offer is updated regularly. Please give us your feedback to help us develop and improve Slough's Local Offer.
- use the smiley faces on the page to share your feedback online
- email FIS@slough.gov.uk
- call 01753 476589.
The Local Offer is also a resource for professionals to help them understand the range of services and provision within Slough.
How to use the SEND Local Offer
The Local Offer is divided into several sections to help you to find what you’re looking for.
Services that have additional Local Offer information are identified by the SEND symbol in the top right hand corner of the record.
You can find the information you need in several ways.
- Use the categories in the Local Offer and check the section you are interested in.
- Enter the title or name or a word that relates to what you are looking for in the “Keywords” box at the top of the page.
- Add a postcode or place name in the 'Location' box for services near that postcode/location. The results can be arranged by distance from your postcode.
- Use the filters, such as age, postcode or type of need, on the left hand side of services pages to narrow down your search results.
The Local Offer has the:
- Google Translator to translate the webpage to different languages
- ReachDeck toolbar to translate (if required) and read aloud the webpage.
If you can’t find what you’re searching for
If you need help to find the information or service you want, contact Slough Family Information Service.
- call 01753 476589
- email FIS@slough.gov.uk
- use the smiley faces on the page to share your feedback.
If there isn’t a local service that meets your need directly, there maybe a:
- service in a neighbouring area that you can use or
- national organisation that can help.
Part of the purpose of the Local Offer is to highlight what services are needed in the area.
We will use the information you provide to help us:
facilities and services for children and young people with SEND and their families.
News and articles
Winter is always an incredibly busy time for our local NHS services. To ease these pressures and ensure that those in most urgent need can…
Feedback from SENCos: regarding staff in the Inclusion Team - "I just spoke with Daria. She was so incredibly helpful. Your team has been…
Share your feedback on Slough's redesigned Local Offer. Use the smiley faces on the webpage. If you include your email address as part…