Service has Local Offer
Caring will affect us all at some point in our lives. We'll be here for you when that happens.
Caring can present all kinds of challenges, from filling in forms to coping with emotions. We’re here for you with advice, information and support every step of the way.
Every day Carers UK hears from people who need help with looking after a friend or family member. They might be new to caring and struggling with navigating the maze of services or they may need extra support to cope with the pressures of caring.
Having the right information at the right time can make a huge difference for the carer and the person they care for.
We make life better for carers by:
- Providing an expert telephone advice and support service
- You can talk to us, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is.
- We do benefits checks, and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring. Our listening service is there for you to talk through your caring situation and how it makes you feel.
- Providing information and support
- Our website is the first port of call if you’re looking for information about any aspect of caring.
- Whether you’re grappling with Carer’s Allowance, trying to find practical help or exploring what technology is available to make caring easier, our advice pages offer the help you need.
- Our factsheets break down the complex issues simply and accurately so you get the full picture of the support available.
Who to contact
This information has been collected from third party providers therefore the Slough Family Information Service website and Slough Borough Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information and recommends that parents, carers, young people, residents and professionals check with providers regarding DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) and OFSTED registrations and CQC registrations